Key public health resources for Master of Public Health students: A curated list
This curated list from the National Collaborating Centre for Determinants of Health (NCCDH) outlines key resources to support Master of Public Health (MPH) students looking to incorporate health equity action into their career in Canadian public health. The resource draws from documents and tools available from the NCCDH website.
The resources are organized into three main categories:
- Introductory resources: For those needing an introduction to the concept of health equity or to the social determinants of health
- Online tools: For those seeking opportunities to connect with fellow practitioners or with organizations demonstrating a commitment to health equity
- Guidance documents: For those orienting their future work in the field towards action that promotes health equity
Use this resource to
- direct your own learning as an MPH student seeking a better understanding of health equity and the social determinants of health (SDH)
- guide and support student discussion on the application of health equity and SDH to public health practice in Canada
- gain insight from working public health practitioners on the most pressing issues facing health equity promoters today
National Collaborating Centre for Determinants of Health. (2018). Key public health resources for Master of Public Health students: A curated list. Antigonish, NS: National Collaborating Centre for Determinants of Health, St. Francis Xavier University.