Let's Talk: Public health roles for improving health equity
The second release in our “Let’s Talk” series offers public health organizations a framework for reflection and action. The public health roles speak to four categories of action that can guide an organization’s efforts to reduce disparities in health. This resource offers examples of effective action in each of the roles, from organizations across the country.
Use this resource to
- Build a strategic framework for your organization’s health equity work
- Assess the areas of action where your organization is strong, and where it could devote more attention
- Encourage public health employees to look at the broad range of activities that can help reduce social inequities in health
- Spark dialogue and action in lunch room and staff meeting settings
National Collaborating Centre for Determinants of Health (2013). Let’s talk: Public health roles. Antigonish, NS: National Collaborating Centre for Determinants of Health, St. Francis Xavier University.
- Let’s Talk: Health equity
- Let’s Talk: Universal and targeted approaches to health equity
- Let’s Talk: Populations and the power of language
Let's Talk: Moving upstream