Online Courses: Social Determinants of Health & Health Equity (Webinar)
This webinar will be presented in French.
Online (or eLearning) courses are an excellent option for public health practitioners and managers who want to build their knowledge and skills in working to improve health equity through the social determinants.
But how do you know what eLearning courses are right for you or your staff? What makes eLearning effective? And how are online courses being delivered and received?
The National Collaborating Centre for Determinants of Health (NCCDH) has completed a scan (including an assessment of quality) of online courses in English and French that address the social determinants of health and health equity. Based on this work, the NCCDH recommends 12 online courses—three of which are available in French and English and one that is available in French only—that we hope will be of particular interest and benefit to public health practitioners in Canada.
In this webinar, participants will
- learn how the NCCDH conducted its scan and assessment, and what we found
- learn about some of the strengths and weaknesses of online learning
- preview samples from two recommended courses
- interact with the designers of the two recommended courses; learn about their successes and challenges
- share your experiences with online learning and the social determinants of health
To find out more about this work, including the results of this scan, visit: http://nccdh.ca/resources/online-courses
Advisors on tap
Jacques LeCavalier, MA
Consultant, e-learning design, strategy, coaching and research
Julie Castonguay, PhD
Network Development Officer and Coordinator for the new Health Impact Assessment online course
National Collaborating Centre for Healthy Public Policy
Karen Fish, MA
Knowledge Translation Specialist
National Collaborating Centre for Determinants of Health
To register, click here.
Resources in our Library:
- The community tool box — online courses for community health improvement,
- Social Determinants of Health – Online Course,
- Roots of health inequity – online course,
- Reducing gaps: Using area-based socio-economic measures to explore population health—online course,
- New directions in public health and community development online workshop series – online course,
- Introducing public health – online course,
- Indigenous cultural safety training program - Online course,
- Health impact assessment in practice - online course,
- Health equity impact assessment (HEIA) - online course,
- Gender based analysis PLUS - Online course,
- Introduction to health impact assessment (HIA) of public policies – online course