Webinar series: Health equity tools for public health organizations and practitioners
As the number, variety, and scope of tools increases, practitioners may find it challenging to know which tools to use, how and when to use them, and what factors to consider in their application. Over the course of three webinars, we will explore the use and impact of health equity tools in public health practice. Each webinar in this series will feature guest advisors who will describe a tool, give examples how it is used, and discuss the impact on practice.
Friday, March 17, 2017
Who should attend?
This webinar series is intended for public health stakeholders at all organizational levels and disciplines who are interested in health equity issues. People are encouraged to attend in groups and to invite community partners to stimulate conversation at the local level.
To register, click the link to an individual webinar.
- Health equity tools – Equity Lens in Public Health (ELPH)
- Health equity assessment: Facilitators and barriers to the application of health equity tools
- Equity action: Health equity tools for health system managers (online course)
- The Gradient Evaluation Framework (GEF)
ADDITIONAL NCCDH WORK RELATED TO TOOLS
- The marathon of health equity and public health: My journey as an undergrad (blog)
- Strengthening organizational conditions that support the use of health equity tools (blog)
- Public health equity leadership and capacity: Do tools catalyze action? (pre-conference workshop at Public Health 2017)
- Overview of tools: Related events and learnings in 2017 (blog planned for January 2018 - stay tuned!)
We want to hear from you!
Do you have suggestions for topics that are central to your work? We’re always looking for new ideas and suggested presenters, so please be in touch!
For more information, contact Dianne Oickle, Knowledge Translation Specialist.