To learn more about regional responses in your province or territory, please visit the respective website for your area’s health authority.
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to evolve at a rapid pace across the world, equity and solidarity need to be beacons in a values-driven global response. Our societal responses must be infused with the knowledge that COVID-19 will swiftly follow and amplify lines of existing inequities. For this reason, our decisions and actions must consistently place equity at the core.
The NCCDH is responding to COVID-19 by identifying the differential impacts of COVID-19 and amplifying equity-informed responses. We are doing so through the following activities:
1. Hosting Community Conversations (Virtually)
- Conversation Series 1: Health equity, determinants of health and COVID-19 (April – May 2020)
- Conversation Series 2: From risk to resilience: A health equity approach to pandemic preparedness, response and recovery (February – April 2021)
- Conversation Series 3: Recovery and regeneration in the face of overlapping crises (March – June 2022)
- Conversation Series 4: Shifting worldviews: Stories about advancing equity and justice (October - November 2023)
2. Translating knowledge and evidence to support decision-making
3. Maintaining a Resource Hub on COVID-19
4. Participating in knowledge and research partnerships
We will be updating this page with resources related to health equity and the social determinants of health that are of relevance to Canadian public health. These resources are related to various structural, social, political, cultural and Indigenous determinants of health.
You can search the NCCDH Hub for resources by topic or type using the search bar on the right hand side.
Click here to be notified when new resources are added to this collection.
Visit the other NCCs for additional COVID-19 resources
National Collaborating Centre for Environmental Health: Environmental health resources for the COVID-19 pandemic
National Collaborating Centre for Healthy Public Policy: Public health ethics and COVID-19: Selected resources
National Collaborating Centre for Indigenous Health: Information specific to First Nations, Inuit and Métis peoples and communities
National Collaborating Centre for Infectious Diseases: Podcast: Infectious questions: What health professionals need to know about 2019-nCoV and COVID-19
National Collaborating Centre for Methods and Tools: Rapid evidence reviews on COVID-19