Health Promotion Canada webinar series
These webinars are available in the language in which they were originally delivered, either English or French as noted below.
The NCCDH and Health Promotion Canada (HPC) collaborated on a series of webinars to highlight several chapters of the book Health promotion in Canada, 4th edition: New perspectives on theory, practice, policy, and research.
The goal of the webinars is to explore how various themes in this book apply to public health action on health equity by pairing the authors’ content with practitioner perspective on application to public health practice.
English-language webinar recordings:
- Webinar recording: Contrasting entry points for intervention in health promotion practice (Chapter 6) (also available in French under the title Différences dans les points d’entrée pour les interventions dans le domaine de la promotion de la santé)
- Webinar recording: Implications of health inequities for health promotion and public health policy (Chapter 8)
- Webinar recording: Promising practices in Indigenous community health promotion (Chapter 10)
- Webinar recording: Health-in-all policies as a health promotion strategy (Chapter 18)
- Webinar recording: Participatory practice and health promotion in Canada (Chapter 21)
French-language webinar recordings:
- Webinar recording: L’approche écologique pour planifier et réaliser des interventions en matière de promotion (Building and implementing ecological health promotion interventions) (Chapter 5)
- Webinar recording: Différences dans les points d’entrée pour les interventions dans le domaine de la promotion de la santé (Chapter 6) (also available in English under the title Contrasting entry points for intervention in health promotion practice)
Webinar recordings from our peers on additional chapters from this resource:
- Webinar recording from Health Nexus: Gender-transformative health promotion as an approach to addressing violence against women (Chapter 7) (English)
- Webinar recording from Dr. Trevor Hancock (author of Chapter 22): Population health promotion in the Anthropocene (Chapter 22) (English)
Additional webinars in this series will be added to this page as they become available.
- Health Promotion in Canada 4th edition: New perspectives on theory, practice, policy, and research (2018)