Recruiting public health departments
The National Collaborating Centre for Determinants of Health (NCCDH) is launching a 20-month participatory initiative to test ways to develop organizational capacity to advance health equity (project overview). The project will utilize an international learning circle, working in tandem with three practice sites to learn what frameworks, strategies and organizational conditions are most useful and effective to develop and sustain Canadian public health organizational capacity for health equity action.
Benefits of participating
- Access to state-of-the-art expertise, current evidence and awareness of emerging innovations
- Support for the implementation of a concrete, time-limited organizational change project with actionable steps and supported by an NCCDH knowledge translation specialist
- Increased knowledge and skills on the part of participating staff, ideally amplified by employee learning throughout the department
- Nuts and bolts problem-solving and information exchange according to your own schedule, and involving colleagues from different jurisdictions
- Enhanced, mutually supporting professional networks
Eligible applicants (site expectations)
- Public health departments within regional health authorities, provincial/territorial ministries or departments of health
- Public health units
- Provincial public health agencies/institutes
Note: Practice sites are expected to send two staff to a two-day day meeting in Montreal, QC, following the Canadian Public Health Association’s Public Health 2018 conference (May 31, 2018, and June 1, 2018)
To learn more, please contact [email protected].
We would be happy to provide
- further information about this organizational capacity initiative;
- criteria for selecting the three practice sites;
- requirements expected of participating departments; and
- support for developing a simple application along with a preliminary project proposal.
Application deadline: April 13, 2018. Notification of acceptance: April 27, 2018.
Photo by rawpixel.com