Webinar Series: Promoting Health for Older Adults
The National Collaborating Centre for Determinants of Health (NCCDH) and Health Promotion Canada (HPC) are collaborating on a series of webinars based on content from the book entitled Promoting the health of older adults: The Canadian experience.
In celebration of the 35th anniversary of the Ottawa Charter for Health Promotion, this five-part series will explore public health action on health equity for an aging population, including individual sessions based on the strategies for action in the Charter:
- Building Healthy Policy
- Creating Supportive Environments
- Strengthening Community Action
- Developing Personal Skills
- Reorienting Health Services
The goals of this webinar series are to:
- bring together the disciplines of public health, health promotion and gerontology with a focus on healthy aging, equity, and the social determinants of health;
- highlight research, policy, and practice examples that promote equity and healthy aging; and
- explore how public health action to promote health equity for older adults is a fundamental aspect of population health promotion.
These webinars build on the partnership between NCCDH and HPC in developing a previous webinar series based on the book Health promotion in Canada, 4th edition: New perspectives on theory, practice, policy, and research.
Webinars in this Series
Webinar 1: Public policy for equity and healthy aging | January 20, 2022
Webinar 2: Equity and age-friendly communities | February 22, 2022
Webinar 3: Community engagement for equity and healthy aging | March 23, 2022