This curated list from the National Collaborating Centre for Determinants of Health (NCCDH) highlights resources that support public health action on the social determinants of mental health equity.
Our resource library contains more than 150 resources. The library is evolving, as we continue to add resources that are relevant, geared to practice, and either recently published or foundational to current health equity thinking in public health. To suggest a new resource or to learn more about our resource selection process, please contact us.
The right-hand side bar offers two options to search this library:
- You can use the search box by entering the title of a document, part of a title, an author or a key word. This search function is sensitive to spelling.
- You can choose options from some or all of the categories, including searching only NCCDH produced resources.
If you are logged into our online community, you can write in the comment box at the bottom of each summary, and view comments from others. To log in or to sign up as a member, click here.
We also have several curated resource library lists available:
- Foundational documents in health equity: A curated list
- Intersectoral collaboration to address health equity: A curated list
- Key public health resources for advocacy and health equity: A curated list
- Key resources for environmental public health practitioners to address health equity: A curated list
- Upstream action on food insecurity: A curated list
- Key public health resources for anti-racism action: A curated list
- Key public health resources for Master of Public Health students: A curated list
Promising practices in suicide prevention across Inuit Nunangat: NISPS research and data collection project
This environmental scan from Inuit Tapiriit Kanatami highlights promising practices in suicide prevention across the four regions of Canada’s Arctic that make up Inuit Nunangat. The resource also includes a useful discussion of barriers, gaps and opportunities for future action.
Building organizational capacity for health equity action: A framework and assessment tool for public health – Summary report
This framework, assessment tool and summary report from Lambton Public Health describe key elements of public health capacity to take action on health equity at an organization level.
Driving forward health equity – the role of accountability, policy coherence, social participation and empowerment
As part of the World Health Organization (WHO) European Health Equity Status Report initiative, a scientific expert review asked why more progress had not been made on advancing health equity in the region. The review also identified four key drivers of health equity: accountability, policy coherence, social participation and empowerment.
This interactive online module from the National LGBT Health Education Center explores health inequities experienced by LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender) communities and how to address associated healthcare disparities and impact on population health.